• University of Canterbury (UC) provides the Studentpad website (Website) as an ‘information only’ service to all UC students who have accepted a place at UC and require accommodation. The Website contains a list of properties where UC has been informed by third parties that there is accommodation to let or license by those third parties.
• All information advertised on the Website by UC is as a conduit of the information and based on the information provided by the landlord/agent/third party. UC does not guarantee its accuracy and UC makes no warranty or representation, express or implied, nor does UC assume any legal liability or responsibility for the legality, accuracy, correctness, completeness or use of any such information. UC accepts no liability arising from the use of this Website.
• UC has not inspected any of the accommodation advertised on the Website or checked its condition and does not guarantee, represent or warrant that it is safe or suitable for students. UC has not tested any appliances, equipment, fixtures, fittings, or services and does not verify that they are in working order, fit for purpose, or legally compliant.
• Landlords/Agents independently provide all information regarding the properties, and it is the responsibility of students to rely on their own inspection of the properties, or verification of the information provided through independent due diligence. Students are strongly advised to verify all details provided by a landlord/agent and ensure that the landlord/agent has complied with all relevant safety requirements and laws.
• Any agreement entered into as a result of using the Website is between the student and the landlord/agent. The student expressly acknowledges and agrees that no contract exists between the student and UC regarding the accommodation. It is the responsibility of the student to make all necessary checks before paying a deposit or signing a tenancy agreement.
• UC does not accept any responsibility regarding disputes or letting issues between housemates and/or landlords/agents, as a result of using the Website.
• Personal details posted on the Website are provided by individual students and UC takes no responsibility for the content of this information. Students are responsible for updating their own details, as and when appropriate. The Website will be monitored and if the service is misused, or any offensive material is posted, it will be removed.
Agree & Continue
Student Accommodation in Christchurch
Deciding where to live is just as important as figuring out what to study. UC Accommodation Services are here to help with information and advice on all halls of residence, flatting and finding flatmates.
Studentpad is an online resource available to University of Canterbury students to assist in finding accommodation during their time at University. The platform connects students with vacant properties or rooms available in Christchurch.
Properties are sourced from a wide variety of Providers, including private landlords, real estate agencies, and commercial accommodation providers.
Though the service assists you in finding or listing a property, we do not participate in the ongoing legal arrangement between Tenant and Provider.